DBNExclusive is honoured to feature this Artist from Cofimvaba on this new “One on One” segment that’ll be now on featured every week, through this blog ofcourse.
Verbal One on One with Maxhoseni Pateni, This is how it went:
1. Who is MaXhoseni? Where is He from?
A Xhosa rapper from Cofimvaba in the Eastern Cape. I’m a good guy and I deserve anything GOOD that comes my way. I’ve worked my ass off to get the respect I’ve earned as an artist. Ask anyone I’ve worked with and they’ll tell you the same.
2. When did you start rapping? Why Hip-Hop, out of all Genres?
I started rapping at an early age of 14. I didn’t choose Hip-Hop, Hip-Hop chose me3. What projects have you worked on? (Considering features from other Artists)… Also, your music achievements (Who/Where have you performed)
I’ve worked with talented artists and producers out there:
*Un-decided Crew “Isicelo”
*UCT Hip-Hop Club Mixtape “Kool Lyk D@”
*zwi Kantu “UneNdlebe Nje Unetyala”
*Peter Z from Atlanta “No Label No Problem”
*Sabza “The Story So Far”
*DJ Soso Wase Cala feat. MaXhoseni “Anditsho Ngenkani”
*Chillimane feat. MaXhoseni & Caroline “Uyababa Ngempela (Remix)”
I’ve performed at the major shows in this industry such as:
*Buffalo City Carnival 2012 in King Williams Town with (Teargas, Professor, Toya DeLazy, Character and Lali-Fam).
*Tru FM Presenter Search in Queenstown with (Pro, Red Button & Riot).
* World Cup closing sharing stage with (Selaelo Selota, Master Jam, Sliq Angel and I also did a live collaboration with Sliq Angel in Cofimvaba Stadium).
* Stage Nite Events sharing stage with (Zubz, RJ Benjamin, Kabomo, and Pebbles at State Theatre in Pretoria).
* Eskom Livewire Awareness and I also did a song “Livewire”
* Mandela Day in Cofimvaba Dept of Correctional Services with Blessed Men (Gospel group).
* Silulo Ulutho Technologies and Vodacom Partnership Launch
* Ekhephini FM Charity Event for Ikhaya Lokhanyo Children’s Home with (iFani & Blak Suga).
3. Who are you currently working with or would you like to work with?
I’m currently working with Da Nombika, Password Crew, Lali-Fam, Tornado (Maskandi artist) and Champ. I would like to work with Thandiswa Mazwai, Moneoa, Afro ‘traction, Pro-verb and Nas.
4. Any new stuff we can expect from MaXhoseni?
People can expect my project “Music for the listeners” in Feb 2013. I’ve worked with humble and talented rappers Dilaska, JayTip & Sabza.
5. Is MaXhoseni signed? Or, is he under any management?
I’m still unsigned and I’m not under any management.
6. How would you describe your music?
My music comes from anger and pain.
7. Lastly, How can people contact you, if they want your projects and so on?
*Facebook: MaXhoseni Pateni
*Cell Number: 0845578823
(Thanks to Maxhoseni, Keep the HipHop FIRE Burning Brother!!)